The Building Component Award is granted every second year. Next time in 2021.
The Building Component Award is given to individuals who have made a noteworthy contribution to furthering the understanding of the value and significance of building components, including their practical use in daily living. The award is granted to an individual or a small group.
The Building Component Award is DKK 100,000
What is the Building Component Award?
With this award, we wish to create awareness about the value, significance and practical use of building components in daily life. The special recognition may concern both idea development and design as well as the construction of production equipment and marketing or a combination of these activities.
Building components are defined as subcomponents, prefabricated in an industrial process that subsequently forms part of a building. These may include established as well as new products. Building components that can be considered must have a significant Danish character - origin, history, production or in some other way anchored in Denmark.
- Bjarne Graabæk Thomsen, Chair of the Nomination Committee, representative of VILLUM FONDEN and VELUX FONDEN
- Frank Jensen, CEO, Søren Jensen Consulting Engineers
- Jacob Steen Møller, Director of Facilities, DTU
- Kurt Bering Sørensen, CEO, Bering Board, former CEO
- Ellen Kathrine Hansen, Associate Professor, PhD, Aalborg University at Campus Copenhagen – award coordinator
- Mette Tony, Architect MAA, Construction Economist MDB, partner, Praksis Arkitekter
The Building Component Award 2019 is presented to Lauritz Rasmussen
CEO of Troldtekt receives the Building Component Award 2017
The Building Component Award 2015 is presented to architect and designer Claus Dyre
For questions please contact member of commitee and coordinator Ellen Kathrine Hansen at email@example.com