Activities not eligible for Foundation support
Apart from support for active older persons and for gerontological research and ophthalmological research, the Foundation does not support small-scale projects; only in rare instances are amounts awarded of less than DKK 500,000. Similarly, the Foundation does not, as a rule, support projects which chiefly have local objectives and only retain a local base of support.
The Foundation does not, as a rule, award funding to cover running costs, administration and overheads for institutions (nursery schools, playgrounds, schools, assembly halls, arts & culture centres, nursing homes, hospices) or organisations (including societies and clubs), but exclusively to project-related administration.
The Foundation does not undertake sponsorships.
Only exceptionally does the Foundation grant applications for residual financing or fundraising aimed at many foundations and sponsors.
Under the Foundations’ current policies, they do not, as a rule, fund undertakings such as:
- PhD studies that do not fall within areas prioritised in the statutes or which are an integrated component of large-scale research projects funded by the Foundation;
- research projects with commercial purposes;
- study trips;
- holding of and participation in conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.;
- event-style activities; theatrical performances; concerts; etc.
- private construction and restoration projects.